METRICATION AND STANDARDIZATION IN THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
Metric standards are required by the aerospace industry to ensure a cost-effective transition from our customary units of measurement. A well-coordinated and-managed effort is required to eliminate any duplication of effort and to ensure that all required standards are created. The standards which are required, the estimated cost of the effort, the organizations involved in the preparation and coordination are discussed. The benefits to be derived from coordinated metric standards along with some of the accomplishments are also covered.
- SME Tech Pap Ser IQ 1976, Westec Conf, Los Angeles, California.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers20501 Ford Road
Dearborn, MI United States 48128
- Zelenka, W R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerospace engineering; Aerospace industry; Aircraft industry; Benefit cost analysis; Cost effectiveness; Management; Metric system; Standardization
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation;
- Accession Number: 00164932
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SME-IQ76-178
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM