WEATHER FORECASTING FOR NORTH SEA OPERATIONS
New tools have been added to the weather forecaster's stock in trade, and these have contributed greatly to the accuracy of forecasts. This paper gives a background to how forecasting is accomplished and looks ahead to further substantial progress.
- Presented at the Conference held in London, September, 1976.
International Offshore Craft Conference (2nd)London, England
- Houghton, D M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Meteorology; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Reports; Weather forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological reports
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00164927
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM