THRUSTERS FOR DYNAMIC POSITIONING
An approach to an optimal thruster system are derived from data of thruster performances. Tunnel thrusters and steerable thrusters are compared with respect to the influence of the speed of current. Differences between fixed-pitch controllable speed and controllable-pitch constant speed systems are considered with regard to performance and cost aspects.
- Presented at the Conference held in London, September, 1976.
International Offshore Craft Conference (2nd)London, England
- Made, AVD
- Bussemaker, O
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic positioning; Thrusters
- Old TRIS Terms: Thruster performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00164925
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM