THE WAKE FIELD-BASIC INFORMATION FOR PROPELLER DESIGN
An account is given of the development of three different wake field families by the systematic variation of a reference wake field. Comparative calculations have been performed to investigate the effect of the wake peak at the 12 o'clock position.
- Presented at the Symposium on Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems, in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977, Session 2.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Meyne, K J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Excitation; Propellers; Vehicle design; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propeller excitation; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00164924
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 18-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM