THE LICENSING PROCESS FOR A NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP
The minimum regulatory requirements which a nuclear ship has to meet are summarized. Past regulatory actions are discussed with reference to the "NS Savannah". Recent regulatory action in connection with the preliminary design of a nuclear propulsion plants for a VLCC is described and future activities are then outlined.
- Presented at the Conference held in New York, May 12-22, 1975.
Int'l Conf on Nuclear Merchant Ship PropulsionNew York, NY United States
- Giambusso, A
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Licensing; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Policy; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Licensing requirements; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00164923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 21
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM