THE APPLICATION OF JET FLAPS TO SHIP PROBELLERS AND THRUSTERS
The use of jet flaps as a means of controlling the pressure distribution on propellers in order to avoid cavitation is described. Overall benefits for such a propulsion system are described in terms of radiated propeller pressure disturbances, number of propellers for a particular application, and noise characteristics.
- Presented at Symposium on Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems, in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Kaplan, P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Cavitation noise; Noise control; Propellers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00164918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM