TANK PAINTING - A LITERATURE SURVEY
The survey revealed that attacks of up to 0.75 mm/year occurred, but normally the rate of corrosion in unpainted cargo tanks was 0.1-0.2 mm/year. Particularly severe attacks were experienced near the top of the tank. Various paint- and coating systems are reviewed.
- Presented at the conference of the Swedish Corrosion Institute in Gothenberg, February 1-2, 1977.
Swedish Corrosion InstituteStockholm, Sweden
- Steen, A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Paint; Protective coatings; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo tanks; Coating performance; Paint technology; Tank coatings; Tank corrosion
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00164915
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM