FARRELL LINES "85" CLASS CONTAINER SHIPS
This paper presents the principal features of the Farrell Lines Incorporated "85" class containerships designated C6-S-85a, C8-S-85c and C8-S-85d by the United States Maritime Administration. All the designs, including those for American President Lines, utilized the same propulsion power plant and the same basic hull form and structure, except for the additional parallel midbody in the C8 class ships.
- For presentation before the New York Metropolitan Section of SNAME, September 29, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Sartor Jr, T J
- Giblon, R P
- Publication Date: 1977-9-29
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Design; Refrigeration systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Jumboizing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00164853
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM