DETERMINATION OF MANEUVERING PROPERTIES IN SHALLOW WATER BY IMPULSE RESPONSE TECHNIQUES
This work presents the results of a systematic investigation of the effects of shallow water, forward speed and block coefficient on maneuvering properties. Stability derivatives are experimentally determined using a recently developed impulse procedure. The determination of the stability derivatives at zero frequency is examined. Experimental results are compared with similar results from regular motion tests.
- Presented to the Northern California Section of SNAME, April 14, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Loeser, D J
- Publication Date: 1977-4-14
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Directional stability; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Navigation; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Block coefficient calculation; Shallow water effects; Stability derivatives
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00164850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM