DRY DOCKING--AN EVOLUTION
The intention of this paper is not to reiterate facts and procedures presented previously on the design and operation of the floating drydocks, but to review their effects and influence on the practical operation of drydocks, with an emphasis on the economy and safety of drydocking todays commercial and naval ships.
- Presented at the San Diego Section of SNAME, September 14, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Haith, R L
- Hofmann, H A
- Publication Date: 1977-9-14
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Drydock operations; Drydocks; Economic analysis; Floating docks; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock design; Economic analysis (Drydocking)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00164847
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM