STUDY OF MERGER ALTERNATIVES: RUN-THROUGH TRAINS
The subject of run-through-trains (and pre-blocking) is given special attention by RSPO because it involves coordination techniques by railroads which are capable of attaining a portion of the advantages generally ascribed to mergers without going through the merger process. This report expands the discussion contained under Section 11 of Merger Issues paper No. 7, Alternatives to Merger.
- Sponsorship provided by the Rail Services Planning Office, Interstate Commerce Commission, Washington, D.C.
Banks (RL) and Associates, Incorporated900 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1977-9-21
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Blocking; Car operations (Railroads); Classification yards; Freight trains; Industry structure; Interchanges; Mergers; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Run through trains; Train operations; Unit trains
- Old TRIS Terms: Car cycles; Classification yard operations; Operating strategies; Preblocking
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00164448
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM