OMEGA VLF TIMING
The report specifically discusses time dissemination techniques, including epoch determination, frequency determination, and ambiguity resolution. It also discusses operational considerations including equipment, path selection, and adjustment procedure. 'Epoch' (the actual location or timing of periodic events) is shown to be maintainable by the techniques described to better than 3-microsecond accuracy; and 'frequency' (the uniformity of the time scale) to about one part in 10 to the 12th power.
Naval Electronics Laboratory CenterSan Diego, CA USA
- Swanson, E R
- Kugel, C P
- Publication Date: 1970-11-5
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Frequency (Electromagnetism); Instruments for measuring time; Navigation; Omega navigation system; Very low frequency
- Old TRIS Terms: Frequency determination; Omega navigation; Time measurement; Vlf navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00035672
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NELC-TR-1740 R&D Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1972 12:00AM