AN ANALYSIS OF A STRATEGIC RAIL CORRIDOR NETWORK (STRACNET) FOR NATIONAL DEFENSE
This study identifies a Strategic Rail Corridor Network (STRACNET) for peacetime and contingency rail requirements of national defense. Peacetime rail traffic patterns, clearances on various routes, and service to military installations and defense industries are used to produce a rail corridor network of 30,000 miles. Corridors rather than specific lines are identified so individual companies are not advocated in the study. The recommendations are in compliance with requirements of Section 901(3) of the 4R Act.
- See also RRIS 24 164435 7801.
SDDC Surface Deployment and Distribution CommandBuilding 1990, 709 Ward Drive
Scott Air Force Base, IL United States 62225
- Banks, W E
- Barclay, R P
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Military shipments; Operations; Origin and destination; Oversize loads; Planning; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: High and wide loads; Military traffic; National transportation policies; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00164434
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTMC-RND-76-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM