GLASS REINFORCED PLASTIC SANDWICH STRUCTURE TEST PRELIMINARY RESULTS
The preliminary results of a joint industry-government research project are described for static tests of a fixed-edge, stiffened boat structure of a glass reinforced plastic (GRP) sandwich construction. The measured stresses and deflections are compared with predictions of panel response.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD USA 20034
- Bader, J
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Plates (Engineering); Sandwich construction; Ship structural components; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Plate deflections
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3834
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1972 12:00AM