THREE DIMENSIONAL SUPERTANKER COMPUTER PROGRAMS
A FORTRAN computer program is described for the structural analysis of large tankers, using finite element techniques. The program includes specialised analysis procedures developed at NCRE, which represent the three dimensional structure as an assembly of two dimensional substructures, thereby greatly reducing the cost of the calculation. A data generation program reduces the vast amount of data to be prepared and a special built-in loading program calculates the loading of the structure from the internal fluid levels and the external draught.
Naval Construction Research EstablishmentDunfermline, ZZ Scotland
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Finite element method; Structural analysis; Tankers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCRE/R.564NS TIC30025
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1972 12:00AM