THE INFLUENCE OF THE REFERENCE GEOMETRY ON THE RESPONSE OF ELASTIC SHELLS
Within the scope of the nonlinear theory of an elastic Cosserat surface, this paper is mainly concerned with the influence of the reference geometry and the related aspects of material symmetry restriction on the response of thermoelastic shells. The significance of the effect of the reference geometry is discussed in the case of isotropic shells, which may be of variable thickness in a reference state.
- Sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, Structural Mechanics Branch, Arlington, Virginia.
University of California, BerkeleyDivision of Applied Mechanics
Berkeley, CA USA
- Carroll, M M
- Naghdi, P M
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Geometric configurations and shapes; Shells (Structural forms); Structural analysis; Thermoelasticity
- Old TRIS Terms: Elastic shells; Geometric forms
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035646
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: NR 064-436 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-69-A-02001008
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1972 12:00AM