RATE-TYPE CONSTITUTIVE EQUATIONS AND ELASTIC-PLASTIC MATERIALS
This paper is concerned with a class of rate-type constitutive equations, which characterize the behavior of elastic-plastic solids under large deformation. The theory is developed without a priori introduction of the concept of plastic strain and involves only the stress and the total strain as basic ingredients, apart from the thermodynamic variables. The relationship between the results obtained here and those of a more familiar form of a theory of elastic-plastic solids is indicated.
- Sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, Structural Mechanics Branch, Arlington, Virginia.
University of California, BerkeleyDivision of Applied Mechanics
Berkeley, CA USA
- Green, A E
- Naghdi, P M
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Elasticity (Mechanics); Plasticity; Thermodynamics; Yield stress
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035643
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: AM-72-1 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-69-A-02001008
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1973 12:00AM