A COMPREHENSIVE TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR THE ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED
The preliminary design is presented for a Data Management System which features automated data files and accompanying procedures for entering data into the system, and for obtaining reports on the service provided and associated costs. This project was divided into 2 phases. The first phase reported here describes user requirements, system definition, advisability study and preliminary design. The report also documents the results of Phase II of the project which provided for analysis of operations of transportation services, the definition of objectives for the Data Management System and the monitoring of the project development. The user requirement task involved the organization of the quality review board and the document depository and project files. The system definition task developed alternative hardware and operating configurations which could meet the objectives of the previous phase. The advisability study evaluated the alternatives and the preliminary design phase, compiled lists of all inputs and outputs to the Data Management System, and determined the format and contents of all reports to be produced.
- The preparation of this report was financed in part through a technical studies grant from the DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Tacoma, City of, Washington755 Tacoma Avenue South
Tacoma, WA USA 98402
- King, L
- Clark, J
- Dempski, D
- Finley, J
- Kirkemo, G
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Data processing; Management information systems; Physically handicapped persons; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data management
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00164077
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-WA-90-0006/0010
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM