AN HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF YIELD SURFACE INVESTIGATION
This survey reviews work dealing either directly or indirectly with initial and subsequent yield surfaces. Emphasis is placed primarily on experimental investigations. Features of the work surveyed which are discussed include motivation, discrepancies, attempts to overcome discrepancies, and the nature of further work needed.
- Sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, 495 Summer Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02210.
Brown UniversityDivision of Engineering
Providence, RI United States 02912
- Michno Jr, M J
- Findley, W N
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- Issue Number: 17
- TRT Terms: Plasticity; State of the art; Stresses; Structural analysis; Yield stress
- Old TRIS Terms: Normal stress
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035639
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: 064-424 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A-01910003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1974 12:00AM