DEFORMATION BOUNDS FROM MODE SOLUTIONS FOR DYNAMICALLY LOADED RIGID-PLASTIC STRUCTURES
The use of simple mode approximations for impulsively and rectangularpulse loaded rigid-plastic structures to bound displacements is considered. The results are compared to rigorous upper and lower bounds on displacements.
- Sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, 495 Summer Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02210.
Brown UniversityDivision of Engineering
Providence, RI USA 02912
- Martin, J B
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Issue Number: 20
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Dynamic loads; Plasticity
- Old TRIS Terms: Deformation stress; Plastic strength
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: NR 064-424 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A-01910003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1973 12:00AM