A SURVEY OF RAILROADS OF SELECTED INDUSTRIAL COUNTRIES
This study represents the fourth edition of a series in which Union Pacific railroad has reviewed the financial results of selected nationalized railroads together with the financial status of U.P., Penn Central, Class I line haul railroads, Amtrak, Canadian National, and Canadian Pacific. The statistical data focuses on 1975 but provides relevant data on the four prior years to give perspectives. It still appears that nationalized systems compare unfavorably with privately owned systems.
- See also RRIS 24 099209, Bulletin 7502.
Union Pacific Railroad Company345 Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10022
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 138 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Nationalization; Profitability; Railroads
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak; Canadian National; Canadian National Railways; Canadian Pacific; Conrail; Nihon kokuyu tetsudo; Penn Central Transportation Company; Spoornet; Union Pacific Railroad
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163798
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Union Pacific Railroad Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM