FINAL STANDARDS, CLASSIFICATION, AND DESIGNATION OF LINES OF CLASS I RAILROADS IN THE UNITED STATES. VOLUME 2 (FINAL)
Final Volume II contains designations of all Class I Railroad lines in the United States based upon the standards developed in Final Volume I. Each Class I Railroad line segment in the national rail network was subjected to individual analysis using the most current information available following the publication of Volume II (Interim) on January 19, 1977 - notably correction/update information that was received by May 13, 1977 has been included in this Final Volume II. Statistical summaries of route mileage by line designation are presented, along with cross-reference information. Following the tables is an enlarged fold-out national network map displaying the line designations by categories.
- Record URL:
- See also Preliminary Standards, RRIS 24 139937 7701; Volume 1, RRIS 24 149462 7702; and Volume 2 (Interim), RRIS 24 152670, 7702.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Branch lines; Industry structure; Railroad facility operations; Traffic density
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163797
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Volume 2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM