AN EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF THE ACCURACY OF THE OMEGA SYSTEM IN SWEDEN
A report is made on an investigation of the accuracy of the Omega system carried out at a number of places (30-200 n.mi. from a reference station) along the eastern coast of Sweden during the period August-December 1969. Both the ordinary Omega and Differential Omega modes of operation were employed, using signals, when possible, from all four presently operating transmitters. The report is devoted to (1) a discussion of the conditions for the present and future use of the Omega system in Sweden, (2) a description of the equipment and procedures used in the investigation, and finally, (3) a presentation and discussion of the results obtained. The results are given in the form of graphs and tables of the RMS values of the Omega position lines.
- Also available as International Standard book no. 91-7056-013-7.
Research Institute of National DefenceStockholm, Sweden
- Arnzen, S
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation; Navigation systems; Navigational aids; Omega navigation system; Very low frequency
- Old TRIS Terms: Omega navigation; Vlf navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00035621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FOA-3-B3029-E4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM