TRANSIT SERVICE STANDARDS FOR SMALL URBAN AREAS REVIEW AND PLANNING APPROACH
This final report documents the results of activities and requirements stipulated in the Development of Service Standards, Research Task 14, of the Small Urban Area Transit Study. The document has been prepared to facilitate an understanding of both the procedures and the data base employed in the development of service level guidelines. It also provides a full discussion of a recommended service evaluation and improvement program design; procedures for implementing this program are also included. The recommended program design was developed as an outgrowth of the research activity that was undertaken to identify and evaluate the underlying issues of service standards applications, and it also presents a practical procedure for evaluating service levels within an adaptive development program, facilitating service improvements.
- The preparation of this report has been financed in part through a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Resource Planning Associates, Incorporated5307 Summit Drive
Fairfax, VA United States 22030
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Improvements; Level of service; Public transit; Small cities; Standards; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00163708
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NY-09-8001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1982 12:00AM