BRIDGE INSPECTOR'S MANUAL FOR MOVABLE BRIDGES
The electrical and mechanical components used on most movable bridges are covered in this manual which is intended for training inspectors, and as a reference for experienced inspectors. The methods of operation and the components of the basic types of bridges are reviewed as well as their function and inspection. The machinery unique to the swing-spans, the vertical lifts and bascules are described and their inspection is outlined. The preparation, safety, bridge inspection procedure, and reporting of findings are summarized, and the details are provided of the procedure for electrical equipment and circuitry, as well as the safety procedures to be followed for an electrical inspection.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge members; Electric circuits; Electrical equipment; Inspection; Inspectors; Maintenance; Movable bridges; Swing bridges; Training
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Education and Training; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00163586
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IP 77-10
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 2000 12:00AM