ULTIMATE-LOAD DESIGN OF REINFORCED CONCRETE
The information presented here is based on an equivalent rectangular stress distribution and on the design recommendations of the 1971 American Concrete Institute (ACI) Code: Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete, ACI 318-71. The equations are presented which are required for the analysis and design of beams (flexure, shear and diagonal tension bond, control of cracking and torsion) and columns. These equations are reduced to direct, simple forms for easy application. Numerous examples are given of the analysis and design of reinforced concrete members, as well as tables and charts which may be used for design purpose. All equations, examples, tables and charts are given in both metric and foot systems. The values could be used for the SI system as well.
Cement and Concrete AssociationWexham Spring
Slough SL3 6PL, Buckinghamshire, England
- Hannoun, M N
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bonds; Breaking loads; Bridge design; Bridges; Building codes; Columns; Deformation curve; Equations; Flexure; Fracture mechanics; Metric system; Reinforced concrete; Structural analysis; Structural design; Torsion
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00163585
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM