IMPERMEABLE ASPHALT CONCRETE POND LINER
An impermeable asphalt concrete (AC) liner was developed for a 50-acre (4,045m square) evaporation pond. The project showed that high density (97% of Marshall Density) AC can be placed using standard construction and paving equipment. Potential application is projected for any liquid storage facility not subject to rapid drawdown. /Author/
- Reprinted with permission from the August, 1976 issue of Civil Engineering-ASCE.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Hinkle, D R
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Evaporation; Impervious materials; Liquids; Ponding; Storage tanks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ponds
- Old TRIS Terms: Liners
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00163578
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM