CONTROLLING CONCRETE ON THE SITE
This book, which is based on personal experience, discusses the ways in which the production of concrete is affected by organization, human relationships, and practical methods of control. The question of authority, the choice of personnel for supervisory positions, and the question of discipline are considered, and labor requirements are dealt with at some length. The sequence of timing of operations are covered with special reference to line charts, pour pattern, cards for job assignment, and listing of the work. Incentive schemes (bonus, form and time of pavement, and foremans reward) are also covered. The control of handling, equipment and materials is reviewed. The question of ready-mixed or site-mixed concrete? flow rates, batching, mixer efficiency, distribution of concrete on site, placing and compaction, finishing, tests, test cubes and moulds, the Schmidt rebound hammer, mix control, records, statistics and graphs are also covered.
Cement and Concrete AssociationWexham Spring
Slough SL3 6PL, Buckinghamshire, England
- Thursby, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Concrete; Construction management; Equipment; Flow; Hammers; Incentives; Location; Materials; Mixers; Personnel; Productivity; Supervision
- Uncontrolled Terms: Batching; Building sites; Flow rate
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction control; Placing
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Materials; Society;
- Accession Number: 00163572
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM