ASPHALT IN HYDRAULICS
This manual which presents general principles and examples of construction based on various publications and experiences, also includes significant projects and innovations. The early history and current terminology of asphaltic materials and hydraulic structures are reviewed,and considerations for using asphalt are presented. The types of asphalt applications covered here include: impermeable asphalt concrete linings; porous hot-mix asphalt linings; asphalt mastic mixes; surface treatments; buried asphalt membrane; and prefabricated asphalt panels. Examples are given of the use of asphalt in reservoirs and dams, in canals and drainage channels, in bank protection, coast-protection structures, and other miscellaneous uses.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Asphalt concrete; Canals; Coasts; Construction; Dams; Ditches; Embankments; Hot mix asphalt; Hydraulics; Impervious materials; Panels; Porous materials; Protection; Reservoirs; Surface treating
- Old TRIS Terms: Liners
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Marine Transportation; Materials; Pavements; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00163571
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 2000 12:00AM