TRANSPORTATION FINANCIAL NEEDS DURING THE NEXT DECADE (1978-1987)
This report which focuses on the areas of major federal responsibilities and interest, includes individual modal reports for airports, highways, pipelines, public transit, railroads and waterways. The specific areas for which needs estimates have been made are outlined and the data sources are indicated. The needs estimates include some private sector investment requirements, particularly in the area of railroads and pipelines. The needs study also considered equipment requirements. The figures indicate that Federal support should be increased from the level of approximately $13 billion in Fiscal Year 1977 to an average level of $22 billion in the next decade. The total transportation needs figure, including all sources of funding, average to $64.79 billion per year during the next decade.
American Transportation Advisory Council525 School Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20024
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: Appendices; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Equipment; Federal aid; Finance; Financing; Forecasting; Highways; Investments; Needs assessment; Pipelines; Policy; Private enterprise; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations
- Old TRIS Terms: Future policies; Waterways (Transportation)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00163568
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1981 12:00AM