SUPPORTING DATA FOR VALUE ENGINEERING STUDY OF SHOULDER MAINTENANCE
This publication outlines the Idaho Division of Highway's maintenance plan, describes the selection of maintenance activities for study, presents data for three specific maintenance areas, includes value engineering worksheets, and discusses an economic comparison between pave and unpaved shoulders based on construction and maintenance costs. Shoulder pulling with no material added and shoulder pulling with material added were studied; these activities are performed on the foreslope rather than the actual shoulder. The maintenance of the longitudinal joint between PCC travel land and AC shoulder is also discussed. Itemized shoulder maintenance costs and shoulder design policy are outlined.
- This project was undertaken in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration and State Highway Agenices of Arizona, Iowa, and West Virginia. This report consists of supporting data for Idaho's portion of the study.
Boise, ID United States 83707
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Highway maintenance; Maintenance management; Paved shoulders; Road shoulders; Value engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00163565
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res. Project 83
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM