PREVENTION OF REFLECTION CRACKING IN ASPHALT OVERLAYS WITH STRUCTOFORR, PETROMAT, AND CEREX
This report presents construction methods and results using three reinforcing fabrics to prevent reflection cracking in an asphalt overlay. The original highway in the rural area was Portland Cement Concrete 20 feet wide. It was widened by adding 2 feet of asphaltic concrete 10 inches deep on each side prior to resurfacing. Data are presented for the widening joint and transverse cracks in the rural area and for the random cracking in the urban area.
- Record URL:
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Smith, R D
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Asphalt concrete; Fabrics; Overlays (Pavements); Prevention; Reflection cracking; Reinforcement (Engineering)
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00163552
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project HR-158 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM