ANTICIPATED CORE LIFE - A MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR
The optimum core life for minimum operating cost is discussed in terms of the following four factors: 1) Intervals between each ship inspection and survey including reactor inspection, 2) Availability of refuelling and related equipment, 3) Capacity factor of reactor determined by ship service plan and, 4) Technical restriction influences by core design parameters such as core power density and reactivity control. Results from four studies are summarized.
- Presented at the Conference held in New York, May 18-22, 1975.
Int'l Conf on Nuclear Merchant Ship PropulsionNew York, NY USA
- Tsuda, T
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Refueling
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00163468
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM