CAVITATION AND ITS INFLUENCE ON INDUCED HULL PRESSURE AMPLITUDES
A critical review of the following subjects is given; 1) measurement and calculation of propeller - excited pressure-amplitudes. 2) Measurement and calculation of the pressure fields on propeller blades. 3) Influence of undissolved air content on cavitation phenomena at the propeller blades and on induced hull pressure amplitudes, and 4) theoretical research on cavitation inception with application of bubble dynamics.
- Presented at the Symposium on Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems, in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977, Session 3.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Weitendorf, E A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Force; Hulls; Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull forces; Propeller induced forces
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00163465
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 9/2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM