AN EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF THE DISPERSION OF HYDROCARBON GAS DURING THE LOADING OF TANKERS
The International Oil Tanker and Terminal Safety Guide, compiled and published by the I.O.T.T.S.G., is based on data supplied by Group participants or derived from wind-tunnel experiments with models (carried out for the Group by Thermotank Ltd). The present publication, which gives more information on the derivation and analysis of the data than was possible in the Safety Guide, is arranged under the main headings:--Description of Gas Evolution during Loading; Preliminary Review of the Important Factors in the Dispersion of Gas during Loading; Wind Tunnel Experiments--Scaling Principles; General Description of Wind Tunnel and Equipment; The Model Tests (General, and Stages A, B, and C); Analysis of Data from Stage C; Application of the Derived Data; Discussion and Conclusion.
- International Oil Tanker Terminal Safety Group is associated with Oil Companies International Marine Forum.
Int'l Oil Tanker Terminal Safety GroupPortland House, Stag Place
London SW1, England
- Brummage, K G
- Publication Date: 1970-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Loading and unloading; Marine safety; Tankers; Tanks (Containers); Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Gas venting; Tank venting; Tanker loading; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00163439
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM