APPLIED RESEARCH AND ENGINEERING ON COATINGS FOR NOISE DAMPING
On behalf of the U.S. Army Human Engineering Laboratory research and development studies have been carried out on a broad-temperature damping sytem known as "Silent Paint". Materials capable of effective damping over the temperature range of minus 20 degrees C to plus 50 degrees C were developed and optimised. Materials investigated included both acrylic and polyvinyl chloride-based damping coatings.
- The memorandum is available in microfiche form.
Lehigh UniversityMaterials Research Center
Bethlehem, PA USA 18015
- Sperling, L H
- Thomas, D A
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Damping (Engineering); Noise control; Paint
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Paint technology
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00163438
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Memor. I-75
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM