DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF HIGH-HORSEPOWER MARINE PLANETARY GEARS
This paper presents the rationale for the design and development of high-horsepower marine planetary gears along with the results of some engineering studies and a progress report covering the development testing of full-scale 40,000- and 60,000-shp marine planetary transmission modules. The work described relates to a joint Curtis-Wright Power Subsystems/Maritime Administration gear-development project.
- Presented at Gas Turbine and Fluids Engineering Conference in New Orleans, March 21-25, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Folenta, D J
- Motzer, J
- Critelli, F X
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Gears; Planetary gear trains; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00163434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 76-GT-28
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM