A description is given of an atomizer for gas turbines. It is a modification of existing liquid fuel atomizers incorporating a plug with tangential swirl grooves. To retain the quality of the spray under various loads the grooved plug is made of an elastic material. The plug compresses under an increased fuel pressure and forms an opening through which fuel also passes to the nozzle.
- Edited Translation of Patent (USSR) 249 533 p-12 1969 by V. Mesenzeff
Foreign Technology DivisionWright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH USA 45433
- Belokrylov, A A
- Publication Date: 1972-2-25
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Burners; Combustion; Fuel systems; Gas turbines
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel atomization
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00035595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FID-HT-23-1425-71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM