ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF A NUCLEAR MERCHANT FLEET
The paper gives a summary of an "Environmental Impact Statement" prepared for the use of the United States Maritime Administration. The work focuses on a reference design for a 600,000 dwt ULCC, powered by the consolidated nuclear steam generator (CNSG). Both nuclear and oil spill hazards are considered.
- Presented at the International Conference on Nuclear Merchant Ship Propulsion in New York, May 18-22, 1975.
Int'l Conf on Nuclear Merchant Ship PropulsionNew York, NY United States
- Englehart, R W
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazards; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear radiation; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Pollution; Risk assessment; Surveys; Tankers; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear hazard evaluation; Oil spill control; Water pollution (Nuclear)
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00163420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM