EXPERIENCES DURING THE EXCHANGE OF FUEL ELEMENTS OF THE NS OTTO HAHN
The step by step procedure to remove the fuel elements after 241,588 nautical miles and 25,230 hrs of operation is described. Significant changes and characteristics of the second core are listed, and the refuelling procedure is discussed.
- Presented at International Conference on Nuclear Merchant Ship Propulsion in New York, May 18-22, 1975.
Int'l Conf on Nuclear Merchant Ship PropulsionNew York, NY United States
- Manthey, H J
- Schafstall, H G
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Refueling
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00163419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM