FUEL CYCLE MANAGEMENT
The paper presents some questions on refuelling a nuclear power plant at sea, and briefly gives the answers to some problems governing fuel cycle costs. Parameters influencing these items in various ways are: core size, irradiation time, and refuelling procedure adopted. Annual refuelling of 1/3 of the core is said to be the most economical. Diagrams for proposed shore base refuelling and overhaul are shown.
- Presented at the International Conference on Nuclear Merchant Ship Propulsion in New York, May 18-22, 1975.
Int'l Conf on Nuclear Merchant Ship PropulsionNew York, NY United States
- Beneviste, E
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Reactor fuel cycle; Refueling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel cycles; Nuclear reactor refueling
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00163415
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM