SAFETY IN LNG SEMI-TRAILER DESIGN
A key consideration in the safe transportation of LNG is designing and building a tank truck that will keep the lading in the tank during normal travel, and, within reasonable limits, following upsets and during fires. Some important tank truck design features are reviewed along with the merits of some of the proposed regulations published by CGA and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Paper presented at the American Gas Association Conference held in Las Vegas, May 1976.
American Gas Association1515 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA USA 22209
- Neary, R M
- Publication Date: 1976-5-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Fires; Hazardous materials; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Protection; Safety; Standards; Tractor trailer combinations; Trailers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Liquid petroleum gas
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00163406
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 76-T-23 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM