PROCEEDINGS -- CONFERENCE ON SOIL WATER PROBLEMS IN COLD REGIONS, 2ND, 1976
The Proceedings contains 15 papers presented at the Conference. Among the subjects included are active layer and superpermafrost groundwater studies, heat and mass transfer in freezing unsaturated soil, numerical model of ice lensing in freezing soils, geophysical methods for hydrological investigations in permafrost regions, frost susceptibility criteria, frost and water propagation in porous media, field experimentation with chemical alleviation of frost damage, and others. Individual papers are indexed separately.
- Proceedings of the Second Conference on Soil-Water Problems in Cold Regions held in Edmonton, Canada on September 1-2, 1976.
American Geophysical Union1909 K Street, NW, Division of Hydrology
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Flow; Frost susceptibility; Frozen soils; Geophysics; Groundwater; Heat transfer; Hydrology; Ice formations; Mathematical models; Permafrost; Soil mechanics; Soil water; Soils; Streamflow; Thermodynamics; Underground structures; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ice lenses
- Old TRIS Terms: Frost effect; Permafrost regions; Superpermafrost; Underground
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00163405
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM