ICEBERG CLASSIFICATION USING SIDE LOOKING AIRBORNE RADAR
The Coast Guard has been experimenting with a Side Looking Airborne Radar for use in radar target classification by the International Ice Patrol. The report, which was prepared for the International Ice Patrol, outlines the classification clues and techniques that appear valid at this time for classifying targets as either ice or other than ice. In addition, the report contains information on mensuration, mission planning and radar malfunctions to enhance its value as a training aid.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Farmer, L D
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Doppler radar; Ice; Icebergs; Side looking radar
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice reporting; Radar echoes
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035586
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM