BASIC SIZE STEPS IN ASSEMBLING AND HANDLING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Basic size steps in fruit and vegetable packaging and transportation, from individual fruit to container ship, are identified and analyzed as building blocks in the material handling system. A new size step, a mechanically handleable transport unit suitable for retail display, to replace present manual handling containers, is postulated and defined.
- Presented at the ASAE Winter Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 14-17, 1976.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI USA 49085
- Sides, S E
- Hallee, N D
- SMITH, N
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Farms; Food; Loads; Materials management; Mechanization; Packaging; Perishables; Physical distribution; Unitized cargo
- Old TRIS Terms: Unitized loads
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163285
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 76-3554
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM