A STUDY OF UNEVEN WEAR IN COMMUTATORS
Mathematical study using a diagrammatical test model of the phenomenon. The effects of mechanical wear that tends to develop in the commutator surface, which corresponds to the variations and is due to strains in the brushes, is represented by a Fourier series based on the angular velocity of the motor. The electric wear profile is also described. The author reaches conclusions about ways to lengthen commutator life.
- Proceedings of the 4th ASME Intersociety Conference on Transportation.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Avery, R W
- Leever, R C
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Brushes (Electricity); Commutators; Motors; Service life; Traction; Wear
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163242
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D/0-16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM