HANDBOOK FOR RAILROAD TRACK STABILIZATION USING LIME SLURRY PRESSURE INJECTION
This handbook includes chapters dealing with the technology of line injection, surface and subsurface soil exploration and laboratory testing, environmental considerations and safety precautions. In addition, there are appendices which provides state-of-the-art specifications for lime slurry injection and laboratory soil testing procedures. A lime slurry section gives a complete description of the present state-of-the-art of Lime Slurry Pressure Injection (LSPI). This handbook hopefully will provide the railroad industry with existing information and guidance in the selection and use of the LSPI method of roadbed stabilization.
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with the Federal Railroad Administration, and the Transportation Systems Center and with the aid of the Railroad Industry.
Graduate Institute of TechnologyP.O. Box 3017, 1201 McAlmont
Little Rock, AR United States 72203
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Blacklock, J R
- Lawson, C H
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Calcium oxide; Handbooks; Soil stabilization; Specifications; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Stabilization
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77-30 Handbook
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40107
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM