NEVADA STATE RAIL PLAN. RAIL PLANNING WORK STATEMENT. JANUARY 1977 (ADDENDUM MARCH 8, 1977)
The State Rail Plan was prepared by the State of Nevada in compliance with the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 which makes financial assistance available to 31 states outside the Northeast region. The Nevada State Highway Department in conjunction with the Nevada Public Service Commission is responsible for the Plan. Primary concerns are to assess the financial viability of existing rail services, maximize future benefits for both shippers and carriers and formulate recommendations directed toward averting future rail service problems, rather than developing short-range solutions. The sections: Philosophical Framework, Organization and Public Involvement, Goals and Objectives, Data collection, Analytical Methodologies, Planning Process.
- Contact person for the Plan is George B. Westenhoefer, Chief Planning Survey Engineer.
Nevada Department of Highways1263 South Stewart Street
Carson City, NV USA 89701
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Planning; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: Nevada
- Old TRIS Terms: State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163227
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM