DATA GENERATOR FOR THE IDEALIZATION FOR FINITE ELEMENT STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF NAVAL SHIP FLAT PLATED GRILLAGES WITH MULTIPLE OPENINGS
A computer program was developed for the automatic elementizing of flat-plated ship structural grillages with up to five openings and uniform pressure loads normal to the planar surface. Its purpose is to shorten the preliminary work of preparing data for analysis by the finite element method. The input to the program consists of punched cards which define the plate geometry, and the output consists of a tape which is directly read by the general-purpose finite element program NASTRAN to produce a plot of the user's elementized structure.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Meyer, P M
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Decks (Ships); Finite element method; Ship structural components
- Old TRIS Terms: Grillage beams; Ship plates
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3807 R&D Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM