COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR ANALYSIS OF STRESS-STRAIN DATA, REVISED
A computer program, previously developed for fitting analytic curves to experimental stress-strain data and described in AMMRC TR 76-12 and its Supplement, has been revised. The program determines the three parameters required for the Ramberg-Osgood equation and two additional constants for a power law approximation for data beyond the Ramberg-Osgood secant yield stress. The revisions include a routine to arrange the input data in increasing order of stress-strain magnitude; a new method for tangent modulus calculation; a data extrapolation routine for the case where the last input data point is a small increment below the secant yield stress; additional statistical calculations to indicate goodness-of-fit of the data; and output values expressed in S-I metric units as well as customary English units. A number of nonessential analyses and their associated outputs have been eliminated. User instructions, samples of the output, and a program listing are included.
Army Materials and Mechanics Research CenterWatertown, MA United States 02172
- Papirno, R
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Deformation curve; Stresses; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Stress strain)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00163212
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. Army Material Dev. & Readiness Command
- Report/Paper Numbers: AMMRC TR 77-11 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM